Release Candidate 2 of CrossOver Mac
The virtualization market for the Mac is hot. Crossover, a WINE link environment for Windows apps on OS X, has just released their Release Candidate 2 for public testing. Release candidates traditionally signal that a product is almost ready for primetime. I haven't had a chance to play around with this release yet, but all it has to do is actually work to be better than my experience with earlier iterations of the beta.
RC 2 introduces support for Quickbook, improvements to the web browser in Quicken 2007 (who knew Quicken had a web browser?) and several other improvements.
The beta of CrossOver Mac is free to use for 60 days, but the final product won't be.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter