This one is for all you folks who hate the OS X startup sound. StartupSound.prefPane allows you to control the volume of the startup chime on any Mac running OS X 10.4 or later. This little prefPane is in beta, and the developer recommends that you back up your important data before you install it (which is always a good idea).
I enjoy the startup chime, so I see no reason to use this but I suppose someone out there is angered every time they hear it.
[via Slash Dot Dash]
This one is for all you folks who hate the OS X startup sound. StartupSound.prefPane allows you to control the volume of the startup chime...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free