This one is for all you folks who hate the OS X startup sound. StartupSound.prefPane allows you to control the volume of the startup chime on any Mac running OS X 10.4 or later. This little prefPane is in beta, and the developer recommends that you back up your important data before you install it (which is always a good idea).
I enjoy the startup chime, so I see no reason to use this but I suppose someone out there is angered every time they hear it.
[via Slash Dot Dash]
This one is for all you folks who hate the OS X startup sound. StartupSound.prefPane allows you to control the volume of the startup chime...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates