This one is for all you folks who hate the OS X startup sound. StartupSound.prefPane allows you to control the volume of the startup chime on any Mac running OS X 10.4 or later. This little prefPane is in beta, and the developer recommends that you back up your important data before you install it (which is always a good idea).
I enjoy the startup chime, so I see no reason to use this but I suppose someone out there is angered every time they hear it.
[via Slash Dot Dash]
This one is for all you folks who hate the OS X startup sound. StartupSound.prefPane allows you to control the volume of the startup chime...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs