Radtech hardens HDD lineup
If you're in the rugged drive market, RadTech is now shipping its tough line of Impact HDD enclosures for 2.5/3.5" drives. The aluminum casings are listed for crush loads of 4000 pounds and the drives themselves are mounted on flexible bushings to improve shock resistance. The enclosures support PATA or SATA for drive connection, and on the SATA 3.5" model you can use eSATA to connect a host (in addition to the usual Firewire 4/800 and USB2 ports). The company has also updated the Drivemate USB 1" product to include an 8 GB, encryption-enabled pocket drive. Pricing and options available over yonder at RadTech's site.
For getting a couple of gigabytes from point A to point B, there are plenty of online options. For getting lots of gigabytes from point A...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free