Altec video screen kind of misses the point
The video iPod is tiny. Tiny and more than a bit hard to watch. So when Altec introduces a "high resolution" LCD display to magnify the iPod video, I pay attention... until I find out that the $350 iMV712 screen is just 8.5 inches (one presumes diagonally) big and designed for nonportability.
That's a great sized screen for, say, airplane travel, but you can't carry a huge boom box like this onto a plane, let alone plug it in. For at-home or in-office playback you need to consider a much larger display. For on-the-go playback you want a much smaller form factor--one that doesn't need to be plugged in. Maybe they thought this would be a good bedside night-stand accessory? If so, it's a pretty darned big one with those integrated speakers.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter