Software Update: Airport Extreme update 2007-001
Newly available from Apple is the Airport Extreme 2007-001 update. Says Apple, 'This update is recommended for all Intel-based Macintosh computers and provides compatibility with AirPort Extreme base stations and networks.' The Apple site doesn't say whether this "compatibility" includes 802.11n support (which I'd highly doubt--those new Airport Extremes aren't even shipping yet, are they?) or in fact much about what this update actually does. So if the update makes your computer explode or something else that's new, radical or interesting, let us know in the comments.
Thanks Ian Gowen
Update: News.com reports that the update plugs several security holes that were discovered during the November "Month of Kernel Bugs" campaign.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update