Software Update: Airport Extreme update 2007-001
Newly available from Apple is the Airport Extreme 2007-001 update. Says Apple, 'This update is recommended for all Intel-based Macintosh computers and provides compatibility with AirPort Extreme base stations and networks.' The Apple site doesn't say whether this "compatibility" includes 802.11n support (which I'd highly doubt--those new Airport Extremes aren't even shipping yet, are they?) or in fact much about what this update actually does. So if the update makes your computer explode or something else that's new, radical or interesting, let us know in the comments.
Thanks Ian Gowen
Update: News.com reports that the update plugs several security holes that were discovered during the November "Month of Kernel Bugs" campaign.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free