Software Update: Airport Extreme update 2007-001
Newly available from Apple is the Airport Extreme 2007-001 update. Says Apple, 'This update is recommended for all Intel-based Macintosh computers and provides compatibility with AirPort Extreme base stations and networks.' The Apple site doesn't say whether this "compatibility" includes 802.11n support (which I'd highly doubt--those new Airport Extremes aren't even shipping yet, are they?) or in fact much about what this update actually does. So if the update makes your computer explode or something else that's new, radical or interesting, let us know in the comments.
Thanks Ian Gowen
Update: News.com reports that the update plugs several security holes that were discovered during the November "Month of Kernel Bugs" campaign.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter