Macenstein tracks down switcher Ellen Feiss
Remember Ellen Feiss? She because famous in 2002 at the tender age of 14 for her Apple Switcher commercial, in which she talked about how her dad's computer had devoured her homework. Bummer, that. A controversy arose about whether or not Feiss was a stoner, and whether she was under the influence of Benadryl (or something perhaps less legal) at the time of the filming. It's five years later now, and Macenstein tracked her down and interviewed her.
Now 19, the famous "switcher girl" has finished high school, and has appeared in an independent foreign film. She talks about sudden fame, starting college, and about whether she was high during the ad (she says she was not--but that she has used marijuana under other circumstances). It's a quick interview, but one that you'll probably enjoy reading. I did.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements