Macenstein tracks down switcher Ellen Feiss
Remember Ellen Feiss? She because famous in 2002 at the tender age of 14 for her Apple Switcher commercial, in which she talked about how her dad's computer had devoured her homework. Bummer, that. A controversy arose about whether or not Feiss was a stoner, and whether she was under the influence of Benadryl (or something perhaps less legal) at the time of the filming. It's five years later now, and Macenstein tracked her down and interviewed her.
Now 19, the famous "switcher girl" has finished high school, and has appeared in an independent foreign film. She talks about sudden fame, starting college, and about whether she was high during the ad (she says she was not--but that she has used marijuana under other circumstances). It's a quick interview, but one that you'll probably enjoy reading. I did.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options