Vi Input Manager
Okay, this one is going to appeal to a very small audience (command line jockeys), but I suspect it will make those few people very happy. Vi Input Manager is, well, an OS X Input Manager that "patches the Cocoa Text System to add a Vi-like command mode." So in any Cocoa application with a text field (e.g. a form in Safari) you can enter "command-mode (typically, by hitting escape in Vi), [and] ordinary Vi commands can be typed and the text field will be updated accordingly." So basically, if you've invested years getting all those Vi commands in muscle-memory now you can capitalize on it in your favorite Cocoa applications (emacs fans don't shoot the messenger).
Vi Input Manager is Open Source and a free download, but donations are requested.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved