Vi Input Manager
Okay, this one is going to appeal to a very small audience (command line jockeys), but I suspect it will make those few people very happy. Vi Input Manager is, well, an OS X Input Manager that "patches the Cocoa Text System to add a Vi-like command mode." So in any Cocoa application with a text field (e.g. a form in Safari) you can enter "command-mode (typically, by hitting escape in Vi), [and] ordinary Vi commands can be typed and the text field will be updated accordingly." So basically, if you've invested years getting all those Vi commands in muscle-memory now you can capitalize on it in your favorite Cocoa applications (emacs fans don't shoot the messenger).
Vi Input Manager is Open Source and a free download, but donations are requested.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)