Found Footage: Lisa ad staring Kevin Costner
In 1983, a sweaty businessman rode his bike to the office in the early morning. After ditching the bike and climbing the stairs, he clicked his computer's mouse, gazed contemplatively at the screen and answered an unexpected phone call with a smile. "Yeah," he said. "I'll be home for breakfast."
The actor was Kevin Costner (hey, he's a lefty!). The computer was an Apple Lisa and the message was simple: Buy a computer, and you'll become so obsessed with it that you'll arrive at work hours before everyone else and even your spouse will question your interest in the most mundane aspects of domestic life.
Ah, the information age. How lucky we are.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter