Found Footage: Lisa ad staring Kevin Costner
In 1983, a sweaty businessman rode his bike to the office in the early morning. After ditching the bike and climbing the stairs, he clicked his computer's mouse, gazed contemplatively at the screen and answered an unexpected phone call with a smile. "Yeah," he said. "I'll be home for breakfast."
The actor was Kevin Costner (hey, he's a lefty!). The computer was an Apple Lisa and the message was simple: Buy a computer, and you'll become so obsessed with it that you'll arrive at work hours before everyone else and even your spouse will question your interest in the most mundane aspects of domestic life.
Ah, the information age. How lucky we are.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad