Blast from the Past: Apple Lisa Emulator
Ted Hodges over at Low End Mac turned up this fascinating Lisa Emulator developed by Ray Arachelian. After obtaining a copy of the Lisa ROM and the Lisa OS, Hodges gave the emulator a spin. His post shows many great screen shots of the Lisa in action. I hadn't known that all Lisa applications were always-on. (There was no "Quit" in Lisa.) And the "tearing off stationary to create new documents" metaphor was pretty amazing, too. Also, I'd forgotten that the Lisa offered preemptive multitasking! There really are too many cool Lisa features to list here, so pop over and read his entire post.
Ted Hodges over at Low End Mac turned up this fascinating Lisa Emulator developed by Ray Arachelian. After obtaining a copy of the Lisa...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free