LimeWire reportedly unhappy with iTunes 7.1
A TUAW tipster who prefers to remain anonymous sent us a quick warning about a possible bad interaction between iTunes 7.1 and the P2P sharing app LimeWire:
"I work at [an Apple service provider]. Today we saw [multiple] iTunes libraries completely corrupted; looks like the culprit was Limewire not playing well with the newest version of iTunes.A quick check of the Apple support fora shows two threads on iTunes/LimeWire issues; nothing yet on MacFixit. If you've had similar issues, please advise.
All had just updated to the new version of iTunes and all had Limewire set to automatically update their iTunes library with new songs. One [library] was not salvageable, though the other two were (after much pain and suffering)."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free