LimeWire reportedly unhappy with iTunes 7.1
A TUAW tipster who prefers to remain anonymous sent us a quick warning about a possible bad interaction between iTunes 7.1 and the P2P sharing app LimeWire:
"I work at [an Apple service provider]. Today we saw [multiple] iTunes libraries completely corrupted; looks like the culprit was Limewire not playing well with the newest version of iTunes.A quick check of the Apple support fora shows two threads on iTunes/LimeWire issues; nothing yet on MacFixit. If you've had similar issues, please advise.
All had just updated to the new version of iTunes and all had Limewire set to automatically update their iTunes library with new songs. One [library] was not salvageable, though the other two were (after much pain and suffering)."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update