LimeWire reportedly unhappy with iTunes 7.1
A TUAW tipster who prefers to remain anonymous sent us a quick warning about a possible bad interaction between iTunes 7.1 and the P2P sharing app LimeWire:
"I work at [an Apple service provider]. Today we saw [multiple] iTunes libraries completely corrupted; looks like the culprit was Limewire not playing well with the newest version of iTunes.A quick check of the Apple support fora shows two threads on iTunes/LimeWire issues; nothing yet on MacFixit. If you've had similar issues, please advise.
All had just updated to the new version of iTunes and all had Limewire set to automatically update their iTunes library with new songs. One [library] was not salvageable, though the other two were (after much pain and suffering)."
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved