Skinning Front Row to look like Apple TV
You say your Intel Mac has Apple TV envy? It's understandable, as the Apple TV is suddenly everyone's favorite gadget. Boost its ego a bit with this trick for "skinning" Front Row to make it look more like Apple TV's UI.
It's quite simple, really, as it's just a matter of replacing Front Row's image files with those from the Apple TV. You can even edit the default menus to display the "Apple TV" title. You can download all of the files you'll need - as well as the instructions - here (remember: Back up your resource files first!). When you're finished, it will look like the image above.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter