Apple TV is...hot!
I've personally noticed that Apple TV tends to run hot. So did Jason Tomczak of Digital Trends. He measured temperatures around 110 degrees Fahrenheit when first running his unit and found numerous posts at Apple's forums about its high temperature operation. So he decided to snap some thermal images, showing the Apple TV in use and posted them to the Web. He found that playing back content caused the unit to warm up about ten degrees. The pictures show Apple TV after boot up, after playing for 30 minutes, after sleeping for various intervals, and after the unit has been turned off.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature