Joost/Apple TV Follow-up
Yesterday, I posted that the TutorialNinjas site had gotten Joost up and running on their Apple TV. So last night I downloaded the latest Joost beta and gave it a spin. At first, the program seemed to go into a never ending "downloading your channel listings" cycle so I eventually just killed the process and opened the application again--and then it worked.
You do need to run it via VNC so you can type in your account name and so you can switch channels when needed, but while its going you can switch off VNC and let it run on the TV and watch it there. Unlike VLC, it does not respond to the Apple remote.
My kids are now sitting in front of the TV this morning and watching old cartoons on Joost. It works great, although you can't fast forward through the advertisements and my 802.11g network is a little underpowered for Joosting.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved