Feed your Apple TV with Archive.org
Yes, sure, the quality isn't great--but it's free, it's historical and a lot of the material is just plain fun. Expect a data rate around 350 kbps (more or less) and you won't be too disappointed by the results. For comparison, consider that a standard iTunes video runs at 1500-2000 kbps and a new High Def Apple TV video runs at closer to 4000 kbps.
Animations like Betty Boop, Looney Tunes and Felix the Cat are plentiful. Other standout items include old timey newsreel fodder and full-length features like My Man Godfrey.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options