Feed your Apple TV with Archive.org
Yes, sure, the quality isn't great--but it's free, it's historical and a lot of the material is just plain fun. Expect a data rate around 350 kbps (more or less) and you won't be too disappointed by the results. For comparison, consider that a standard iTunes video runs at 1500-2000 kbps and a new High Def Apple TV video runs at closer to 4000 kbps.
Animations like Betty Boop, Looney Tunes and Felix the Cat are plentiful. Other standout items include old timey newsreel fodder and full-length features like My Man Godfrey.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter