Smultron: open source tabbed text editor hits version 3.0
It's true, I admit it, I have a bit of a thing for tabbed text editors (I'm seeking counseling). Anyway, I've discovered yet another one. Peter Borg (who is also behind the very cool Lingon launchd utility) has just released version 3 of his Smultron open-source text editor (with vertical tabs). This update improves a lot of things, including project management, application speed, memory usage, and not least of all, the interface (the tabs themselves are not new). Though I won't be dropping TextMate anytime soon, Smultron definitely looks like an interesting entry in the free text editor sweepstakes.
Smultron is a free download from sourceforge.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service