TUAW Tip: Viewing EXIF data in finder
EXIF, the Exchangeable Image File Format, provides a standard way to store information inside image files. Digital cameras automatically place EXIF information in your snapshots including information about the device used and its color space, among other data. Apple makes it easy for you to view this embedded information in the Finder. The Finder's Info window includes EXIF data in its More Info pane. To view, select any image file, and choose File -> Get Info in Finder (or just press Command-I). When the Info window opens, click the triangle next to More Info to reveal or hide the EXIF data.
EXIF, the Exchangeable Image File Format, provides a standard way to store information inside image files. Digital cameras automatically...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free