Apple confirms LED displays in Macs during 2007
There have been rumors of LED backlights coming to Macs for awhile now, but as usual Apple remains mum on future products. However, we did get a rare glimpse into the future of the Mac via Steve's open letter called 'A Greener Apple.' He discusses the use of arsenic and mercury in LCDs and mentions that Apple plans to ship the first Macs with LED backlights in 2007 (which use no mercury).
There you have it, straight from the Steve's mouth. The only question remains which Macs will get the LED love first.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync