Apple confirms LED displays in Macs during 2007
There have been rumors of LED backlights coming to Macs for awhile now, but as usual Apple remains mum on future products. However, we did get a rare glimpse into the future of the Mac via Steve's open letter called 'A Greener Apple.' He discusses the use of arsenic and mercury in LCDs and mentions that Apple plans to ship the first Macs with LED backlights in 2007 (which use no mercury).
There you have it, straight from the Steve's mouth. The only question remains which Macs will get the LED love first.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update