Professors at UPenn did see
That iPods could play poetry.
They built an archive called PennSound,
Collected recordings from all 'round,
Posted them and made them free
For download by you and me.
Contemporary and avant-garde,
Allen Ginsberg but no Avon Bard,
Donald Hall yes; no Angelou,
Gertrude Stein is in there too.
Formatted as MP3s
With author permission, royalty free.
iPods were made for fools like me
UPenn offers iPoetry.
 "There's very little commercial value in poetry recordings." Charles Bernstein, PennSound co-director
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV