Elgato turbo.264 now shipping
The turbo.264, Elgato's hardware based H.264 encoder, is now shipping. As we mentioned it will set you back $99.95 but Elgato claims it will improve encoding speeds on Intel Macs by up to 4 times (only when using the H.264 codec). The turbo.264 includes an encoding app, but it also speeds up encoding in iMovie, Final Cut, and other popular apps (to quote their website).
I am finding myself encoding more and more video content and this little device is well worth more than $100 to me if it does what it says it does.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)