Elgato turbo.264 now shipping
The turbo.264, Elgato's hardware based H.264 encoder, is now shipping. As we mentioned it will set you back $99.95 but Elgato claims it will improve encoding speeds on Intel Macs by up to 4 times (only when using the H.264 codec). The turbo.264 includes an encoding app, but it also speeds up encoding in iMovie, Final Cut, and other popular apps (to quote their website).
I am finding myself encoding more and more video content and this little device is well worth more than $100 to me if it does what it says it does.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs