Elgato turbo.264 now shipping
The turbo.264, Elgato's hardware based H.264 encoder, is now shipping. As we mentioned it will set you back $99.95 but Elgato claims it will improve encoding speeds on Intel Macs by up to 4 times (only when using the H.264 codec). The turbo.264 includes an encoding app, but it also speeds up encoding in iMovie, Final Cut, and other popular apps (to quote their website).
I am finding myself encoding more and more video content and this little device is well worth more than $100 to me if it does what it says it does.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options