Elgato turbo.264 now shipping
The turbo.264, Elgato's hardware based H.264 encoder, is now shipping. As we mentioned it will set you back $99.95 but Elgato claims it will improve encoding speeds on Intel Macs by up to 4 times (only when using the H.264 codec). The turbo.264 includes an encoding app, but it also speeds up encoding in iMovie, Final Cut, and other popular apps (to quote their website).
I am finding myself encoding more and more video content and this little device is well worth more than $100 to me if it does what it says it does.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync