Mac 101: Transfer files with iChat
Why pay almost twenty bucks for file transfer programs like Anzan when iChat provides essentially the same technology for free? This gallery shows you how to use iChat to send files to your buddies. Just drag a file into the text entry field in your chat window and press return. iChat notifies your buddy that you're trying to send a file.
If your buddy accepts the file, the transfer begins. By making sure that your buddy gives the okay, iChat adds a layer of security to the system. No one will force you to receive data you do not want or do not trust.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)