Mac 101: Transfer files with iChat
Why pay almost twenty bucks for file transfer programs like Anzan when iChat provides essentially the same technology for free? This gallery shows you how to use iChat to send files to your buddies. Just drag a file into the text entry field in your chat window and press return. iChat notifies your buddy that you're trying to send a file.
If your buddy accepts the file, the transfer begins. By making sure that your buddy gives the okay, iChat adds a layer of security to the system. No one will force you to receive data you do not want or do not trust.
%Gallery-3118% Why pay almost twenty bucks for file transfer programs like Anzan when iChat provides essentially the same technology for...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support