Mac 101: Transfer files with iChat
Why pay almost twenty bucks for file transfer programs like Anzan when iChat provides essentially the same technology for free? This gallery shows you how to use iChat to send files to your buddies. Just drag a file into the text entry field in your chat window and press return. iChat notifies your buddy that you're trying to send a file.
If your buddy accepts the file, the transfer begins. By making sure that your buddy gives the okay, iChat adds a layer of security to the system. No one will force you to receive data you do not want or do not trust.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter