AutoRate: iTunes rating done right
I don't know about you, but ratings are one of those iTunes features that I'd like to use but never seem to find the time. Rating each song individually is such a drag, and I'm a busy, powerful, and influential blogger. I don't have that kind of time. Luckily for busy iTuners everywhere AutoRate is there to help. As you might have gathered from the name, this little application automatically rates your iTunes tracks (you can specify a playlist, or have it do your whole library) using this formula:
rating = (100 * ( (play frequency - lower) / (upper - lower) ) - skips per month * 5
I ran it against my iTunes library of 7161 items. The whole process took less than 10 minutes on my MacBook, and the results were spot on.
AutoRate is free.
[via Download Squad]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs