AutoRate: iTunes rating done right
I don't know about you, but ratings are one of those iTunes features that I'd like to use but never seem to find the time. Rating each song individually is such a drag, and I'm a busy, powerful, and influential blogger. I don't have that kind of time. Luckily for busy iTuners everywhere AutoRate is there to help. As you might have gathered from the name, this little application automatically rates your iTunes tracks (you can specify a playlist, or have it do your whole library) using this formula:
rating = (100 * ( (play frequency - lower) / (upper - lower) ) - skips per month * 5
I ran it against my iTunes library of 7161 items. The whole process took less than 10 minutes on my MacBook, and the results were spot on.
AutoRate is free.
[via Download Squad]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs