AutoRate: iTunes rating done right
I don't know about you, but ratings are one of those iTunes features that I'd like to use but never seem to find the time. Rating each song individually is such a drag, and I'm a busy, powerful, and influential blogger. I don't have that kind of time. Luckily for busy iTuners everywhere AutoRate is there to help. As you might have gathered from the name, this little application automatically rates your iTunes tracks (you can specify a playlist, or have it do your whole library) using this formula:
rating = (100 * ( (play frequency - lower) / (upper - lower) ) - skips per month * 5
I ran it against my iTunes library of 7161 items. The whole process took less than 10 minutes on my MacBook, and the results were spot on.
AutoRate is free.
[via Download Squad]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter