TUAW Tip: Create smaller PDF files
PDFs created by OS X's built-in "Save as PDF..." option on the print menu have a tendency to bloat. OS X's PDFs are often a lot bigger than the ones you get from, say, Adobe Acrobat. (Not the "reader", the actual creation program.) Fortunately, the same PDF menu that allows you to print to PDF also allows you to create a smaller, compressed version of your material. Instead of selecting "Save as PDF...", try selecting "Compress PDF" instead. You'll produce a compact version of your PDF file.
To test, I printed TUAW's home page in both normal and compressed versions. The savings? Almost 10% smaller file size.
PDFs created by OS X's built-in "Save as PDF..." option on the print menu have a tendency to bloat. OS X's PDFs are often a lot bigger...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements