VMWare Fusion: Unity
Parallels' killer feature is Coherence, a display mode that lets Windows apps and Mac apps seem to co-mingle with one another. VMWare, the market leader in virtualization, had a solid Mac offer (in beta) called Fusion but it lacked a similar feature. It looks like VMWare has figured out that people are crazy about Coherence, and so Unity is coming to a Fusion install near you.As you can see in this video, Unity is pretty cool. It seems to have a little more polish than Parallels' implementation (the drop shadows are a nice touch) but I'll reserve judgement until I can use it myself.
The desktop virtualization market really is heating up!
[via VMTN Blog]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature