VMWare Fusion: Unity
Parallels' killer feature is Coherence, a display mode that lets Windows apps and Mac apps seem to co-mingle with one another. VMWare, the market leader in virtualization, had a solid Mac offer (in beta) called Fusion but it lacked a similar feature. It looks like VMWare has figured out that people are crazy about Coherence, and so Unity is coming to a Fusion install near you.As you can see in this video, Unity is pretty cool. It seems to have a little more polish than Parallels' implementation (the drop shadows are a nice touch) but I'll reserve judgement until I can use it myself.
The desktop virtualization market really is heating up!
[via VMTN Blog]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app