Cog grinds its way to .06
Shaun Martin drops a note that Cog, an open source audio player that plays pretty much every format you'd want to play (I don't know if I'd ever need to play anything in Monkey's Audio but sure enough, it's there) has hit version .06. The release features a brand new UI (with two pullout drawers-- one that browses the filesystem for music, and another that pops up to show info on the playing file), plugin support, preferences (including builtin global hotkeys, which I really enjoy), and everything else you'd expect in an audio player-- Growl support, Last.fm support, gapless playback, and more.
The only little flaw I can find is that there seems to be two Help menus-- maybe the Cog guys just want to be extra helpful. At any rate, if you're looking for a quick and free little open source audio player as an alternative to Apple's iPhone Activator, Cog will probably turn your gears.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service