Apple rockin' up the US marketshare charts
Lest we forget in all the iPhone hoopla, Apple does still make computers, and they've been moving them too. According to IDC, In the second quarter Apple moved into a virtual third place tie with Gateway at 5.6% of the US market (though Gateway did ship about 5000 more units). The particularly good news is that Apple's shipments grew 26% year over year versus 7.2% growth for the industry as a whole. Other "small" vendors did well also, however, with Toshiba and Acer posting even more impressive growth numbers than Apple. Nonetheless, considering the relative lack of hardware bumps on the Mac line this year, these kind of numbers must warm hearts in Cupertino.
Lest we forget in all the iPhone hoopla, Apple does still make computers, and they've been moving them too. According to IDC, In the second...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7