Apple rockin' up the US marketshare charts
Lest we forget in all the iPhone hoopla, Apple does still make computers, and they've been moving them too. According to IDC, In the second quarter Apple moved into a virtual third place tie with Gateway at 5.6% of the US market (though Gateway did ship about 5000 more units). The particularly good news is that Apple's shipments grew 26% year over year versus 7.2% growth for the industry as a whole. Other "small" vendors did well also, however, with Toshiba and Acer posting even more impressive growth numbers than Apple. Nonetheless, considering the relative lack of hardware bumps on the Mac line this year, these kind of numbers must warm hearts in Cupertino.
Lest we forget in all the iPhone hoopla, Apple does still make computers, and they've been moving them too. According to IDC, In the second...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements