id premieres Rage at QuakeCon
EA hasn't quite held up on their end of the Mac gaming bargain, but id has moved a step closer. At QuakeCon over the weekend, they announced that the first game to use their id Tech 5 engine (shown off at WWDC) will be called "Rage," featuring driving in expansive, outdoor environments. id's John Carmack apparently told QuakeCon that he wanted to break with the claustrophobic hallways of Doom and Quake 4, and so Rage will feature lots of "...bright, sunny outdoors."
No date yet, of course (isn't that the way it always works?), but Rage is scheduled for a simultaneous release on all platforms, including our favorite, the Mac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free