Open Apple no more
When we first wrote about the then rumored new Apple keyboard old time Mac users discounted it as a fake because of one little detail: no Open Apple on the Command key. That's the Apple logo that which, until today, appeared on the Command key.
Sadly, it is true that the Apple logo has been banished from the keyboard, replaced with the much more useful label 'command.' At least this will help Mac support folks educate their users ('You want me to look for an Apple key?! That doesn't even make sense. Remind me again why I called the Help Desk!'), but I'll miss that little Apple logo. Call me old fashioned if you like, but Open Apple will always have a fond place in my heart and I'm not afraid to admit it.
[This post was inspired, in part, by John Siracusa's tweet.]
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time