Open Apple no more
When we first wrote about the then rumored new Apple keyboard old time Mac users discounted it as a fake because of one little detail: no Open Apple on the Command key. That's the Apple logo that which, until today, appeared on the Command key.
Sadly, it is true that the Apple logo has been banished from the keyboard, replaced with the much more useful label 'command.' At least this will help Mac support folks educate their users ('You want me to look for an Apple key?! That doesn't even make sense. Remind me again why I called the Help Desk!'), but I'll miss that little Apple logo. Call me old fashioned if you like, but Open Apple will always have a fond place in my heart and I'm not afraid to admit it.
[This post was inspired, in part, by John Siracusa's tweet.]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update