More on application access to the iPhoto '08 library
As noted last week, iPhoto '08 has changed its library format from a folder tree to a package, which has put a crimp in some folks' workflows. There were a number of helpful suggestions in the comments, starting with using the built-in features of iPhoto (external editor preference, drag-and-drop) to access the photo files, and continuing on to creating aliases of the hidden internal folders to get at the picture files when necessary.
Now the fine folk at Mac OS X Hints have formalized the latter suggestion into a hint, specifically aimed at Adobe Bridge users who need folder-level access to the iPhoto library but equally useful for the rest of us. Just keep in mind that you should not ever manually remove files from your iPhoto library folders; the result will likely be quite unpleasant.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV