More on application access to the iPhoto '08 library
As noted last week, iPhoto '08 has changed its library format from a folder tree to a package, which has put a crimp in some folks' workflows. There were a number of helpful suggestions in the comments, starting with using the built-in features of iPhoto (external editor preference, drag-and-drop) to access the photo files, and continuing on to creating aliases of the hidden internal folders to get at the picture files when necessary.
Now the fine folk at Mac OS X Hints have formalized the latter suggestion into a hint, specifically aimed at Adobe Bridge users who need folder-level access to the iPhoto library but equally useful for the rest of us. Just keep in mind that you should not ever manually remove files from your iPhoto library folders; the result will likely be quite unpleasant.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration