More on application access to the iPhoto '08 library
As noted last week, iPhoto '08 has changed its library format from a folder tree to a package, which has put a crimp in some folks' workflows. There were a number of helpful suggestions in the comments, starting with using the built-in features of iPhoto (external editor preference, drag-and-drop) to access the photo files, and continuing on to creating aliases of the hidden internal folders to get at the picture files when necessary.
Now the fine folk at Mac OS X Hints have formalized the latter suggestion into a hint, specifically aimed at Adobe Bridge users who need folder-level access to the iPhoto library but equally useful for the rest of us. Just keep in mind that you should not ever manually remove files from your iPhoto library folders; the result will likely be quite unpleasant.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter