Bye bye, HiFi
As many of our readers have noted, the iPod HiFi is no more. Goodbye little (big?) Apple speaker, we knew ye not very well. The original release of the thing was a "bit of a letdown" in the first place, and the combination iPod dock-slash-speaker system never really took off. Anyone who was willing to spend that much on a speaker already had one that was better, or didn't listen to tunes straight from their iPod at home anyway.
Not that it was a bad device-- I have a friend that bought one, and it sounded great and worked perfectly in her apartment. But it looks like Apple's $349 boombox didn't make the cut today-- it's off of the online store, and likely gone from the retail stores as well. Bye bye, Apple HiFi.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter