iPod touch as Camera: Take 2
Your computer already thinks your iPod touch is a camera. So why not just take it to the next level? If you stock some pictures into a DCIM/100APPLE folder, you can actually sync your touch to your computer as an image capture device.
Last night, for fun, I decided to create a DCIM/100APPLE folder on my iPod touch. I added a few pictures and thumbnails, all using the standard IMG_10001.JPG and THM format. After rebooting, I connected the touch to a computer. Bingo. My files synced perfectly into iPhoto as if I had snapped them on my touch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature