iPod touch as Camera: Take 2
Your computer already thinks your iPod touch is a camera. So why not just take it to the next level? If you stock some pictures into a DCIM/100APPLE folder, you can actually sync your touch to your computer as an image capture device.
Last night, for fun, I decided to create a DCIM/100APPLE folder on my iPod touch. I added a few pictures and thumbnails, all using the standard IMG_10001.JPG and THM format. After rebooting, I connected the touch to a computer. Bingo. My files synced perfectly into iPhoto as if I had snapped them on my touch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options