iPod touch as Camera: Take 2
Your computer already thinks your iPod touch is a camera. So why not just take it to the next level? If you stock some pictures into a DCIM/100APPLE folder, you can actually sync your touch to your computer as an image capture device.
Last night, for fun, I decided to create a DCIM/100APPLE folder on my iPod touch. I added a few pictures and thumbnails, all using the standard IMG_10001.JPG and THM format. After rebooting, I connected the touch to a computer. Bingo. My files synced perfectly into iPhoto as if I had snapped them on my touch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs