iPod touch as Camera: Take 2
Your computer already thinks your iPod touch is a camera. So why not just take it to the next level? If you stock some pictures into a DCIM/100APPLE folder, you can actually sync your touch to your computer as an image capture device.
Last night, for fun, I decided to create a DCIM/100APPLE folder on my iPod touch. I added a few pictures and thumbnails, all using the standard IMG_10001.JPG and THM format. After rebooting, I connected the touch to a computer. Bingo. My files synced perfectly into iPhoto as if I had snapped them on my touch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service