Breaking: iPod touch root read access achieved
It looks like iPod touch hacker Niacin has achieved read access to the iPod touch root. Following up on the iPhone jailbreak earlier today, this is another step forward into opening up both the iPhone and iPod touch for general read-write access and third party application support. More news as it develops.
Niacin has been working with Dre and the entire iPhone/iPod touch dev team to make this happen.
Update: Niacin confirms that the TIFF exploit exposes the root partition for both the iPhone and iPod touch.
var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/apple/Got_root_on_the_iPod_touch_They_do'; It looks like iPod touch hacker Niacin has achieved read...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free