TUAW Tip: Get rid of the Leopard Dock shelf
We already noted the controversy over the side-positioned Dock in Leopard and Apple's apparent response. This leaves untouched, however, the fact that many folks just don't like the new Dock glass shelf effect even when the Dock is at the bottom of the screen. And that brings us to the first TUAW Tip of the Leopard era; you can turn off the shelf with a simple terminal command as revealed above (full size picture -- the site that first revealed this trick has since gone down).
Not having Leopard yet myself, I can't confirm this, but this does appear to be a legitimate way of getting rid of the shelf. Now if somebody can discover a similar preference to make the menubar fully opaque everything will be set back to rights!
[via Daring Fireball]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter