TUAW Tip: Get rid of the Leopard Dock shelf
We already noted the controversy over the side-positioned Dock in Leopard and Apple's apparent response. This leaves untouched, however, the fact that many folks just don't like the new Dock glass shelf effect even when the Dock is at the bottom of the screen. And that brings us to the first TUAW Tip of the Leopard era; you can turn off the shelf with a simple terminal command as revealed above (full size picture -- the site that first revealed this trick has since gone down).
Not having Leopard yet myself, I can't confirm this, but this does appear to be a legitimate way of getting rid of the shelf. Now if somebody can discover a similar preference to make the menubar fully opaque everything will be set back to rights!
[via Daring Fireball]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs