24 Hours of Leopard: iChat screen sharing
Feature: iChat screen sharing
How It Works: Hello, Mom? Yes, I know, I meant to call yesterd-- what? You've got a little picture that looks like a little Jack O'Lantern sitting on your desktop? Gosh, well, that is weird. Mind if I take a look?
Yes, I said "take a look" -- now that we're both running Leopard, we can share our screens in a jiffy, straight from an iChat. Uh, iChat? Yes, the icon that looks like a word ballo-- yes, that one. If I start a screen sharing session, we can share control of the mouse and keyboard... it even starts an audio chat automatically to make it easier to... yes, that's why it's all echo-y now. Well, I'll just mute it and we'll use the phone, OK?
See, there, that icon does look like a pumpkin... well, if you let the grandkids download stuff... mmm hmm. Yep. OK. Love you too.
Who Will Use It: Anyone with a parent, spouse, cousin, co-worker or random acquaintance who has ever needed help using a Mac, and particularly when the recipient of that help has a tendency to describe UI features as "the thing with the glowy bit" or "not that button, the other button." Also, anyone who collaborates on documents or projects and needs a colleague's instant signoff.
See all of our 24 Hours of Leopard posts here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)