Pagepacker open sourced
Aaron Hillegass, owner of the Big Nerd Ranch (and the suavest-looking Mac developer in a cowboy hat), has announced that he's releasing the source of his app Pagepacker to the public. Pagepacker, as reported on TUAW a while back, takes big pages and makes them small-- it's perfect for creating things like the Hipster PDA and other cool, easy-to-carry around organizational tools. I don't know where our own Mike Rose got this term from, but I love what he calls this stuff in the original Pagepacker post: info-origami. Beautiful.
Hillegass still has a guide to use the app on his site, and the source is now available to download as well. Maybe some enterprising open source developer can break it open, and add it to another app or make it even better.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs