Pagepacker open sourced
Aaron Hillegass, owner of the Big Nerd Ranch (and the suavest-looking Mac developer in a cowboy hat), has announced that he's releasing the source of his app Pagepacker to the public. Pagepacker, as reported on TUAW a while back, takes big pages and makes them small-- it's perfect for creating things like the Hipster PDA and other cool, easy-to-carry around organizational tools. I don't know where our own Mike Rose got this term from, but I love what he calls this stuff in the original Pagepacker post: info-origami. Beautiful.
Hillegass still has a guide to use the app on his site, and the source is now available to download as well. Maybe some enterprising open source developer can break it open, and add it to another app or make it even better.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free