iPod Touch gets five new apps
Though there was plenty of other news at the Keynote today, iPod Touch users got a little love thrown their way today -- for a price. Master Steve announced that effective immediately, there are five new apps available for the Touch: Mail, Stocks, Notes, Weather, and Maps. Oh, and it will set current Touch owners back $20.
- Preview mail before you open it, display grapics and photos inline, and view HTML, PDF, Word, and Exel attachments.
- Stocks, Weather, and Notes all appear as widgets on your home screen.
- Google Maps determines your approximate location if Wi-Fi is on and gives you directions, marks specific locations (Starbucks?), and has both hybrid and satellite maps to show you the way.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature