Win a Tide-themed iPod
Today, Tide has launched a contest encouraging people to make their own "mocking stain" ads. Among the prizes are 34 limited edition Tide-themed iPod Classics. The size isn't listed, but they're described in the official rules as having a value of $300US, so we assume it's the 80GB model.
This isn't the first time Tide has released a special iPod. Last year, they gave away orange nanos in conjunction with the St. Bernard Project in New Orleans. This got us thinking about other limited edition iPods we've seen.
- In 2006, French radio station Nostalgie gave away 100 limited-edition Michael Jackson iPods
- Two years ago, the Japanese company RUN'A sold 1,000 "Snoopy" iPod nanos
- Last September, Target (a discount department store in the US) sold pink iPod Shuffles to support the Breast Cancer Foundation
- Finally, who could forget the granddaddy of special iPods, the U2 model.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free