Hey Apple: about those iTunes Rentals...
This is the kind of stupid I am: I go to the iTunes store and when movies sound really good, I don't want to rent them -- because what will happen if I like them and then decide to buy? I mean, we rented Wii "Cooking Mamma" from Blockbuster and then my kids fell in love with the game so I ended up buying it, paying a $6 premium for trying it first. The iTunes store has the same dilemma. Hey Apple, you really ought to give an option of "Liked it? Buy it!" for $2 off or so after renting.
So am I unique in my irrationality here? Do good movie reviews make you hesitate to rent? Would an iTunes rent-to-own option help push you over the edge into renting? Speak up in the comments.
This is the kind of stupid I am: I go to the iTunes store and when movies sound really good, I don't want to rent them -- because what...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time