Hey Apple: about those iTunes Rentals...
This is the kind of stupid I am: I go to the iTunes store and when movies sound really good, I don't want to rent them -- because what will happen if I like them and then decide to buy? I mean, we rented Wii "Cooking Mamma" from Blockbuster and then my kids fell in love with the game so I ended up buying it, paying a $6 premium for trying it first. The iTunes store has the same dilemma. Hey Apple, you really ought to give an option of "Liked it? Buy it!" for $2 off or so after renting.
So am I unique in my irrationality here? Do good movie reviews make you hesitate to rent? Would an iTunes rent-to-own option help push you over the edge into renting? Speak up in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration