iControlPad for iPhone
Now a new accessory may go a long way towards alleviating those concerns. The iControlPad is an iPhone accessory that adds physical buttons and joypad. It slides onto the iPhone like a case (providing some protection) and offers a PSP-style form factor. The hardware interfaces via the Dock connector and is already supported by some of the emulators that run on jailbroken iPhones. They're also planning full SDK support once iPhone 2.0 ships, presumably next month.
The iControlPad is still in development and is not yet for sale. However, they are offering development kits to qualified developers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs