Apple posts details about Snow Leopard
TUAW broke the Snow Leopard story and boy were we right. Apple has just posted the details on the next version of Mac OS X -- Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard will not bring any major new features to the Mac platform, instead, Apple will be focusing on the quality of the OS.
According to the details, Snow Leopard will be optimized for multi-core processors, be able to take advantage of even more RAM (up to 16TB, theoretically), and include out-of-box support for Microsoft Exchange 2007. A new technology in the OS, named "Grand Central" will allow developers to better take advantage of Macs with more than one processing core.
Apple did not supply any details about price, but expects the OS to be shipping in "1 year."
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync