MobileMe requires OS X 10.5.4?
TUAW reader Lee Car noticed something odd whilst reading the Terms and Conditions of MobileMe (I'm impressed that anyone actually reads that stuff). The official System Requirements of MobileMe say that you need 'Mac OS X v10.4.11 or latest version of Mac OS X Leopard,' which isn't all that newsy worthy. However, as you can see above, the MobileMe Terms of Service lists Mac OS X v10.4.11, v10.5.4, or later. Very interesting, huh?
This leads me to believe that around the time MobileMe launches ( July 11) we'll see 10.5.4.
Update: Cory reminds me that one of our tipsters told us to expect OS X 10.5.4 during the second week of June. Looks pretty likely to me.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options