What isn't making the cut from .Mac to MobileMe
On the surface MobileMe looks like a much better way to spend $99 than .Mac ever was, but there are a few .Mac features that are going to be discontinued. Say farewell to the following .Mac highlights:
- iCards: I don't remember the last time I sent an iCard, but I always liked the fact that I could.
- Web access to Bookmarks: you'll still be able to sync bookmarks across machines, but you will no longer be able to access them from a web browser (in case you wanted to check your bookmarks on some random machine).
- Panther support: this one isn't that big of a shock.
- .Mac slides: I'm not even sure what .Mac slides are, so I don't think I'll miss this feature much
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter