What isn't making the cut from .Mac to MobileMe
On the surface MobileMe looks like a much better way to spend $99 than .Mac ever was, but there are a few .Mac features that are going to be discontinued. Say farewell to the following .Mac highlights:
- iCards: I don't remember the last time I sent an iCard, but I always liked the fact that I could.
- Web access to Bookmarks: you'll still be able to sync bookmarks across machines, but you will no longer be able to access them from a web browser (in case you wanted to check your bookmarks on some random machine).
- Panther support: this one isn't that big of a shock.
- .Mac slides: I'm not even sure what .Mac slides are, so I don't think I'll miss this feature much
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature