Square surprises us with Song Summoner for the iPod
Square Enix has released their new game for the iPod, called -- wait, hold the iPhone. Say what again? Square Enix has apparently been hiding a huge secret, and the word is out already in iTunes. They've developed an iPod classic game called Song Summoner, and if the video above is any indication, we don't actually have to wait for the iPhone's App Store to come out, we might have a new winner right here.
For a mere $4.99, you apparently get a full-scale Square strategy RPG, and that's not all -- the characters in the game are created from your iPod's songs. And every time you listen to a song, the game levels up. This sounds incredible, and so it's no surprise that our sister site, DS Fanboy, has already written up five reasons why this might be the new Square game to check out, even compared to the more established Final Fantasy series.
This bodes very, very well for the future of original iPhone gaming -- if Apple has Square-Enix and Harmonix building games this innovative for the iPod, imagine what they'll be able to do with the iPhone. We'll get our hands on Song Summoner as soon as we can, and let you know what it's like when we do.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature