Confirmed: iPod touch 2.0 software to include 'January Upgrade'
In an update to their knowledge base article about the subject this morning, Apple has confirmed that the 2.0 firmware will include Mail, Stocks, Maps, Weather and Notes.
There had been some speculation about this earlier this month.
Also -- when it's available, Apple said the iPhone 2.0 Software Update for iPod Touch will be available at http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/appstore. Currently, the page points to the same "coming soon" page that we've come to know and love, but I'm sure checking back often wouldn't hurt.
Apple also confirmed, as you might imagine, that the January Software Upgrade itself is now no longer available. iPod models shipped after January 15 included the upgrade, while models shipped before did not. Users of those earlier models had to pay $20 for the suite of five apps.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options