Confirmed: iPod touch 2.0 software to include 'January Upgrade'
In an update to their knowledge base article about the subject this morning, Apple has confirmed that the 2.0 firmware will include Mail, Stocks, Maps, Weather and Notes.
There had been some speculation about this earlier this month.
Also -- when it's available, Apple said the iPhone 2.0 Software Update for iPod Touch will be available at http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/appstore. Currently, the page points to the same "coming soon" page that we've come to know and love, but I'm sure checking back often wouldn't hurt.
Apple also confirmed, as you might imagine, that the January Software Upgrade itself is now no longer available. iPod models shipped after January 15 included the upgrade, while models shipped before did not. Users of those earlier models had to pay $20 for the suite of five apps.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter