Confirmed: iPod touch 2.0 software to include 'January Upgrade'
In an update to their knowledge base article about the subject this morning, Apple has confirmed that the 2.0 firmware will include Mail, Stocks, Maps, Weather and Notes.
There had been some speculation about this earlier this month.
Also -- when it's available, Apple said the iPhone 2.0 Software Update for iPod Touch will be available at http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/appstore. Currently, the page points to the same "coming soon" page that we've come to know and love, but I'm sure checking back often wouldn't hurt.
Apple also confirmed, as you might imagine, that the January Software Upgrade itself is now no longer available. iPod models shipped after January 15 included the upgrade, while models shipped before did not. Users of those earlier models had to pay $20 for the suite of five apps.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents