Blast from the past: 1st generation iPod review
Ah, the simpler days: before the iPhone, before the iTunes store, and before Apple killed FireWire in favor of syncing via USB. Yes, we're talking about the birth of the iPod. This video is one of the very first reviews on TechTV (wow, anyone remember that television network?).
The original iPod came in 5 GB and 10 GB models, and sold for $399 and $499 respectively. The battery life was 10 hours, and first generation iPods were Mac-only, running on Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma). Over the past few years, the iPod has definitely changed, and this video is living proof.
On an iPhone/iPod touch? Click here to watch this YouTube video.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options