Back to School: new iLearn ezine on using Macs in education
TUAW's going Back to School! We'll be bringing you tips and reviews for students, parents and teachers right up until the bell rings in September.
Reader Kelly T wrote in to give us a heads up about iLearn, a new ezine devoted to using Mac technology in the classroom. The first issue, which you can find here, is free but future issues will cost $1US each and be available at the main site. Topics in the first issue range from Leopard in the classroom to iPods in education.
The first issue is full of great content. There's a full lesson plan on empathy that includes the standards met, tech skills addressed, and necessary materials. Finally, Kelly explains just how to use PhotoBooth and Pages to complete the lesson and assess the students' participation.
Our favorite article is the Ten Technology Time Savers, including document naming standards (which is huge on a shared computer) and set your daily apps to launch at startup.
Good job, Kelly! We're looking forward to future editions.
TUAW's going Back to School! We'll be bringing you tips and reviews for students, parents and teachers right up until the bell rings in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station