Back to School: new iLearn ezine on using Macs in education
TUAW's going Back to School! We'll be bringing you tips and reviews for students, parents and teachers right up until the bell rings in September.
Reader Kelly T wrote in to give us a heads up about iLearn, a new ezine devoted to using Mac technology in the classroom. The first issue, which you can find here, is free but future issues will cost $1US each and be available at the main site. Topics in the first issue range from Leopard in the classroom to iPods in education.
The first issue is full of great content. There's a full lesson plan on empathy that includes the standards met, tech skills addressed, and necessary materials. Finally, Kelly explains just how to use PhotoBooth and Pages to complete the lesson and assess the students' participation.
Our favorite article is the Ten Technology Time Savers, including document naming standards (which is huge on a shared computer) and set your daily apps to launch at startup.
Good job, Kelly! We're looking forward to future editions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)