No iPhone 3G for school? Win a bag of goodies instead
So textbooks and gas shot your budget for a shiny-new iPhone 3G? We feel for ya, with your old-and-busted first-gen iPhone, nano, Airport Extreme and shiny new MacBook. What, you don't have all that either? Pity. Tell you what, we'll give you a bunch of accessories for those items instead, OK?
Courtesy of Dr. Bott, you could win an entire bag of cases and other goodies. Just for fun we're throwing in the Dr. Bott bag itself-- because we really think you could use a pick-me-up.
Specifically, the goodies in the bag are:
- Marware's C.E.O. Premiere for iPhone (original, not 3G), a clip-on sideways case for your hip
- Griffin's Streamline sport armband for the latest rev of the iPod nano
- H-Squared's Air Mount, so you can attach an Airport Extreme to your wall
- A copy of the Stationery Pack from Equinux, so your emails to home (begging for cash, no doubt) will look pretty
- A copy of MacFamilyTree, so you can figure out who to email (and beg for cash)
To enter, let us know what your favorite subject or class is (or was). Sorry, this giveaway is limited to the US and everywhere in Canada but Quebec. Good luck!
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment below telling us your favorite subject or class in school.
- The comment must be left before August 19, 11:59PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter once. Duplicate entries will not be counted.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- Marware's C.E.O. Premiere for iPhone ($35)
- Griffin's Streamline sport armband for the latest rev of the iPod nano ($30)
- H-Squared's Air Mount ($35)
- Stationary Pack from Equinux ($30)
- MacFamilyTree ($50)
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter