Busy Labor Day for Apple rumors
While the TUAW team was enjoying our holiday grilling (important safety tip: be sure to clean out the grease trap on your grill at the end of the season, so you don't have an incendiary problem... and also, it's true that baking soda really works well on grease fires) our sister scribes at Engadget were pumping out a few posts on some percolating iPhone & iPod items, mostly from the Berlin IFA trade show. The scorecard:
- The first wild sighting of a case for the rumored "skinny iPod nano" was picked up by Engadget Spanish and translated for English-speaking audiences. The Hama case even has a full gallery of photos over at ES. It's beginning to look like Kevin Rose (no relation!) may have been right about this one.
- The kitchen is rocking with the new "made for iPhone refrigerator" from Slovenian manufacturer Gorenje. That's the unit in the picture on the right. Aside from music and video playback, the iFridge features an iPhone-optimized web portal that lets you control your WiFi enabled appliances, Jetsons-style. I'm simultaneously amused, appalled, and seriously jonesing for a new refrigerator.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter