First Looks: BeeJive for iPhone
"Push" notifications of new IMs
The BeeJive developers are proud to offer 24/7 connectivity, meaning you can receive IMs even if the app is closed. They accomplish this feat by connecting you through their servers and sending you updates through email if you receive an IM while the application is closed. This works well, as long as you have a push email account.
You can send IMs in landscape mode using the larger iPhone keyboard, which is nice, but it would be nicer to initiate landscape mode from any tab, not just chat.
BeeJive has created an application that is very polished and refined. You are able to customize almost every aspect in the iPhone's Settings (from background color, to turning on/off vibration). This kind of customization really allows the user to connect with the software -- it would be nice to see this amount of customization in other iPhone apps.
However, this application is a little pricey at $15.99 (US). You can download BeeJiveIM from the iTunes App Store [link]. Be sure to take a look at our gallery of screenshots.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free