Mac 101: Take screenshot and copy to clipboard
If you don't need the files piling up on your desktop and just want to paste a picture somewhere, pressing Control + Command + Shift + 3 for a full screenshot (or 4 for cross hair selection tool).
The screenshots will be copied to the clipboard where you can paste them into a document.
Want more tips and tricks like this? Visit TUAW's Mac 101 section today!
Are you obsessed with taking photos using the built-in screenshot utility (or by pressing command + 3/4)? Chances are you might have a ton...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free