Mac 101: Take screenshot and copy to clipboard
If you don't need the files piling up on your desktop and just want to paste a picture somewhere, pressing Control + Command + Shift + 3 for a full screenshot (or 4 for cross hair selection tool).
The screenshots will be copied to the clipboard where you can paste them into a document.
Want more tips and tricks like this? Visit TUAW's Mac 101 section today!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options