OLO's iPhone-powered Laptop
OLO Computer is showing a concept computer that uses an iPhone as the CPU and touchpad. As you can see from the image at right, the computer is basically a dock for the iPhone. Before you start laughing too hard, think about this: many netbooks have less storage than the iPhone. The Dell Inspiron Mini 9, for example, comes in 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB flavors.
The iPhone fits into a rectangular space on the OLO, becoming the touchpad for the laptop. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about this computer -- how does it use the Universal Adapter to transfer video to the display, what's the maximum resolution that can generated on the display, do they tweak the iPhone OS to get it to display the menu bar, dock, and other Mac UI artifacts, etc...
There are no details at this time, just an interesting idea, a cool mockup, and a one-page Web site. When, or if, OLO moves forward on this product, you can read about it here on TUAW.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync