OLO's iPhone-powered Laptop
OLO Computer is showing a concept computer that uses an iPhone as the CPU and touchpad. As you can see from the image at right, the computer is basically a dock for the iPhone. Before you start laughing too hard, think about this: many netbooks have less storage than the iPhone. The Dell Inspiron Mini 9, for example, comes in 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB flavors.
The iPhone fits into a rectangular space on the OLO, becoming the touchpad for the laptop. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about this computer -- how does it use the Universal Adapter to transfer video to the display, what's the maximum resolution that can generated on the display, do they tweak the iPhone OS to get it to display the menu bar, dock, and other Mac UI artifacts, etc...
There are no details at this time, just an interesting idea, a cool mockup, and a one-page Web site. When, or if, OLO moves forward on this product, you can read about it here on TUAW.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free